Tuesday 29 January 2013

Current Ideas for Digipak and Magazine Cover

My current plan for both my digipak and magazine cover (my print productions) have some from the two digipak design I have constructed.

The first, which I have previously uploaded onto my blog, uses the walking idea that is heavily implemented into our music video as a basis for the panels. Each panel shows a different part of his journey, and when you open the digipak up, you see the different panels connect and make on larger picture of him walking through the music video. This would work well as a digipak design - my tutor, Ms. Barton, approved of the idea - , and so I will use this as my digipak design.

The second digipak design (below) uses the lyric cards from our music video as inspiration. For example, one of the logos I made for my print productions that was liked by the rest of the class was the one using lyric cards, where one lyric card shows one word of Tonight I Let You Go (by The Colours), the name of the song used for my music video. I used this logo as the main focus of the front panel of this design, and also used lyric cards as inspiration for the back panel of the digipak, where each track name is placed onto a lyric card. This idea for the track list was the favourite bit of this design for both my tutor and the rest of the class. However, the rest of the design was not liked as much as the first design (above). Therefore, I have decided to use the walking idea for the digipak, but also utilise the idea of using lyric cards for the track list. The rest of the lyric card-focused second digipak design will be used for the magazine cover part of my print productions, where the image of the boy going through the lyric cards against the red postbox (a cultural signifier), another boy with a phone (another cultural signifier), and a backdrop of both nature (the grass, trees, bushes, etc.) and an urban environment (the cars, the road, the fence, etc.) could be very successful.

Top Panel: Panel 4
Bottom Panel: Panel 1

Top Panel: Panel 2
Bottom Panel: Panel 3

1 comment:

  1. When organising your posts I suggest you use captions so that your points are easier to access. We did discuss this in class.
    I suggest that when you scan an image that you are not going to use you firstly use a caption to signpost:
    1) The panel numer
    2) Why you are abandoning the idea.

    This is more efficient and will take you less time.

    You could do a post (with scanned graphics)of panels that you have rejected, explaining why you have rejcted the specific plan. It is important you include negative and positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete